Monday, August 20, 2007

not so fun

8/20/07 Monday
Been a little not to fun this morning. We went to FSA and sat down and talked with Nester for a couple of hours about the farm and FSA rules. Seems that we need to talk to another government agency about equipment and stuff. I think that is where my cousin works so that should be interesting. I’ll write the details when it comes about. Will we see the “Love of Jesus” or not?

Then we came home and I tried to go online. Wouldn’t go so I figured the system was down again. Then I went to use the phone only to hear a recording that our phone service had been interrupted due to the bill not being paid. I know Cherie told me she had forgotten it last month but thought she had caught up. Nope, not quite. She sent a hundred dollars but that evidently didn’t do it. Now we can’t go online (cause that’s through Alltel as well) or anything else, but we can call the billing department. So they tell us that the minimum to get our service reinstated is fifty eight bucks. That leaves us real thin for the next eleven days till my check comes. The fourteen bucks for those rib eye steaks would be nice now. But they were so good it’s worth a little fasting.

So that turmoil is settled now. I got a little upset but am over it. It’s pretty damn hot out and the humidity is so high the evaporative air doesn’t do much. I picked up Eric’s weedeater this morning so will crank it up a bit later. Will use it to mow down the weeds that have already grown eight inches since they mowed last week. The tomato plants have sprung up so fast the wire cages I put around them were swamped and they spilled over the ground with a few branches breaking. I cut some of the wire fencing recovered from the landfill to put around them. Next year I’ll know better how to do that. All part of the education.

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

b1FJMC Very good blog! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

HWiCth Thanks to author.

Anonymous said...

Magnific!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

Magnific!

Anonymous said...

Hello all!

Anonymous said...

Hello all!

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

Anonymous said...

qmYxER write more, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

Magnific!

Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

Anonymous said...

Hello all!

Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

Anonymous said...

Magnific!

Anonymous said...

Hello all!

Anonymous said...

What is a free gift ? Aren't all gifts free?

Anonymous said...

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Anonymous said...

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Anonymous said...

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.